This plugin adds in configurable location in game window information about :
- current player location (street and city/county),
- displays interstates in red, routes in yellow, other streets in white color,
- displays speed limit at current street, it’s based on street location and in some cases player coordinates in game world – as of now it has basic functionality, comparing to this what I planned.
- also displays current time in game (12 or 24 hour clock),
- current player speed displayed in MPH or KMPH depending on which system player choosen in options,
- direction / heading.
- current zone
- player coordinates (x,y,z)
There’s ability to configure plugin behaviour via “RageShowMyLocation.ini” file and / or using in-game menu accessible by pressing F6 (thanks to RageNativeUI – by alexguirre, Stealth22, LtFlash, Guad and others ), which includes :
- position of each 6 text elements (heading, street/county/zone, time, speed limit, player speed, coordinates) on screen,
- font sizeof each 6 text elements (heading, street/county/zone, time, speed limit, player speed, coordinates) on screen,
also switches (on/off) in ini file :
- metric/imperial units switch,
- time (in game),
- player speed,
- player coordinates (x,y,z),
- current zone.
- if display text inside black box (with adjustable opacity) or not, for all those patrols on sunny weather,
- font family/name – this can be any system font installed in Windows,
- in-game menu key binding (for better integration with other tools, trainers etc.)
Settings, while using in-game menu, are saved immediatelly to ini file after applying so they are persistent, and are applied instantly.
Default config has set position values for small screen resolution which give basic feel how it works, just to be adjusted by player to his/her needs
There’s API for plugin makers in test phase as well allowing to obtain speed limit for given street (name, location) – see develpment forum thread for details – I’ll post there some examples.
Issues with text flickering has been resolved, In RPH 0.29 – 0.30 was added method for faster drawing text on game window, so once I figured that solution to this problem is already available, I used it.
Improved zone information displayed to player, thanks to translation table (raw string to more readable form) from AlexGuirre.
– Rage Plugin Hook 0.38
– Unpack archive file (7-zip),
– Copy file named “RageShowMyLocation.dll” and “RageShowMyLocation.ini” to Gta5/Plugins directory,
– Copy file named “RageNativeUI.dll” to main GTA 5 directory
– Enable Plugin in Rage Plugin Hook Settings Window (accesible after holding Shift key when starting RPH 0.24), plugins tab
Please do not re-upload this file to other sites, as You do not have my permission to do so.
This plugin is only available here and at my site (see My profile tab or development forum thread – http://www.lcpdfr.com/forums/topic/54695-wiprel-rageshowmylocation/
- added ability to configure in-game menu key to ini file (now defaults to F6)
- corrected some speed limits
- single text line has been replaced by 6 text elements (heading, street/county/zone, time, speed limit, player speed, coordinates) each with separately configuable position via in-game menu fully interactive
- added menu accessed by pressing F5 in-game that let player configure :
- position of each text element on screen in-game
- font size with each text element on screen in-game
- settings are immediatelly saved to settings file after applying
- color is applied now only to street/county/zone element, rest of text elements are white
- known issue with small blank spot between N and NE heading which is under investigation on heading element
- default config has set position values for small screen resolution which give basic feel how it works, just to be adjusted by player to his/her needs
– improved zone information displayed to player, thanks to translation table (raw string to more readable form) from AlexGuirre
Version up to 0.3.26.1050
– added settings to ini for : displaying time (in game), heading, player speed, zone (raw data for now), coordinates (x,y,z) – in eralier versions it was dislapyed, and player was unable to switch this off
– added ability to display current zone (raw data for now),
– coordinates option shows player’s current coordinates in game world
– fixed issue with text flickering – Thanks to RPH authors for pointing me at better API event to handle
– added option to adjust black box opacity (0 – fully transparent, 255 – fully opaque)
– added option to switch if black, to some degree, transparent box around plugin’s text is visible
– added readme
– added said box, its auto adjusting to text size
– updated to use new Rage Plugin Hook 0.34
– added option in ini file to switch to 12 or 24 hour clock on display
– corrected some roads speed limits based on player location and road signs
– corrected some highways speed limits
– updated to use new Rage Plugin Hook 0.32
– added information about current player speed (its recalculated if player uses metric or imperial system and displayed accordingly)
– added information about direction/heading
– updated to use new Rage Plugin Hook 0.29